BIME Bogota’s four-day program will feature more than 100 activities including talks, workshops, masterclasses, showcases, speed networking sessions, family events, presentations, and a festival.
More than 1,000 professionals from all over the world are expected to attend and it will be possible to follow the event live and on demand online at bime.net
The gathering will culminate with the BIME LIVE festival on Saturday, May 7 at the Palacio de los Deportes with headliners Nathy Peluso and Nanpa Básico.
The major International Meeting of the Music Industry, which has been held in Bilbao for a decade, celebrates its first edition in its new Latin American venue in Bogota. Since its inception, BIME has served as a bridge of cooperation and internationalization between two continents, uniting Europe and Latin America as the benchmark space for those working across the music sector and the cultural and creative industries to gather.
Wednesday, May 4, at 9 a.m. in Zula, the main venue for the professional meeting. The event will come to a close in the early hours of Saturday, May 8 at the Palacio de los Deportes with the BIME LIVE festival.
Usaquén, one of Bogotá’s liveliest neighbourhoods
Usaquén, one of the most welcoming and culturally vibrant neighborhoods in the city, will host most of the programming aimed at professionals. The area stands out for recognizing culture as a strategic component of sustainable development and as a driving force for local, national, and international integration.
The four venues –Zula, the Escenario Usaquén (Parking 119), Cinema Paradiso and Mr. Bum, which are all located less than 500 meters away and within a 6-minute walk of one another. The venues are already prepared to facilitate the movement of more than 1,000 professionals and more than 100 accredited members of the media from all over the world, who will have a busy agenda of business round tables, presentations, workshops, and panels.
Live music will be extended to other neighborhoods throughout the city, including the Cumbia House de Gaira, Kaputt, and the Palacio de los Deportes.
More than 120 speakers including key industry players from the international scene
BIME continues to maintain the essence and innovative spirit that have positioned it as an international reference. This is reflected in the program made up of a comprehensive selection of talks and lectures with key international players spanning all areas of the industry:
- Albina Cabrera y Chris Kellogg -KEXP, USA
- Amy Peck -Endeavor XR- EEUU
- Bill Reichert -Pegasus Tech Ventures, USA
- Cabra (Productor-Puerto Rico)
- Carlos Abreu – United Talent Agency, USA
- Carlos Galán (Subterfuge-España)
- Cesar Acevedo -director de Gibson Brands US Hispanic
- Claudia Elena Vásquez -directora ejecutiva de Universo Vives, Colombia
- Diana Rodriguez -Criteria Entertainment, USA
- Fabio Acosta -manager de J. Balvin, USA
- Isabel Paz– The Latin Recording Academy Latin Grammy®, USA
- Javier Lafuente -director de El País América, México
- Javier Niño – Google, EEUU
- Kacho López Mari -director de cine Filmes Zapatero, Puerto Rico
- Leila Cobo -directora de Billboard Latino, USA
- Maria Fernández -directora de Sony Iberia, USA
- Tomas Cookman -director de Industria Works, USA
And artists Draco Rosa, Puerto Rico and US; Francisca Valenzuela, Chile; Gepe, Chile; and Susy Shock, Argentina. These professionals, among others, will share their expertise gained throughout their successful careers and give their vision on the present and future of the music industry.
On the institutional side, Adriana Padilla, Vice-Minister of Creativity and the Orange Economy at the Ministry of Culture of Colombia, and Adriana Moscoso del Prado, General Director of Cultural Industries, Intellectual Property and Cooperation at the Ministry of Culture and Sport of Spain, will speak about public policies for the development of culture and music as an economic and social driver.
Additionally, an extensive program will be developed in collaboration with IDARTES and the Mayor’s Office of Usaquén, integrating international and local participation in an organic way. Representatives of national and regional institutions from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Spain, Mexico, Peru, the United Kingdom, and Uruguay will be present at BIME, along with participation from international organizations such as SEGIB and IDB/IADB.
BIME Bogota 2022 sections
The breadth of the topics that will be addressed during the international event are divided into four major sections:
- FESTS!, where important national and international festivals will participate, including Primavera Sound, Rock al Parque, Detonante, Petronio Álvares, Bilbao BBK Live, La Línea, Ruido Fest, Tomavistas, Summerstage and Estéreo Picnic.
- CAMPUS, the intensive training series given by leading professionals and supported by the Pontifical Xavierian University, Ean University, Árbol Naranja, ICESI and DNA Music.
- START UP!, the meeting and promotion space for startups in the industry, whose competition selects the eight most disruptive startups in the sector and awards the most innovative project with access to venture capital from Silicon Valley such as Pegasus Tech Ventures or Founders Floor, as well as a trade mission to BIME PRO Bilbao.
Within the framework of this event, the MMF LATAM (Music Management Forum), the first Civil Association that brings together managers and music agents in Latin America and forms part of the IMMF (International Music Management Forum), will also meet. During the Music Equality Forum, several talks on gender equality in the industry will take place and the first face-to-face meeting of the WIN (Worldwide Independent Network) LATAM Network will also be held.
BIME CITY Bogota
27 showcases, the vinyl congress, audiovisual screenings, and family activities among the free and open-access program
In this event, the BIME CITY program will bring more than 27 showcases of emerging artists to the city. Emerging talents with the greatest European and Latin American impact can be enjoyed on the stages in Zula-Usaquén, Gaira Cumbia House, Mr. BUM, and Kaputt. In addition, there will be the congress of the Latin vinyl industry, audiovisual events at the Cinema Paraíso, and the BIME PEQUES (BIME KIDS) festival by IDARTES on Saturday, May 7 during the day, featuring activities for the whole family.
BIME LIVE Bogota
The BIME LIVE festival brings the powerful live performances of Nathy Peluso, Nanpa Básico, The Change, Recycled J, and Rap Bang Club
The festival will be held on Saturday, May 7 at the Palacio de los Deportes with performances from five Iberic-American artists: Nathy Peluso and Nanpa Básico headline the lineup which also includes The Change, Rap Bang Club, and Recycled J. Tickets are already on sale and can be purchased at entradasamarillas.com.
| BIME Bogotá |
Bogotá International Music Experience
Bogota May 4-7, 2022 #BIMEBogotá
Bilbao International Music Experience
Bilbao October 26-29, 2022 #BIMEBilbao
All about music and more #BIME
Programación completa y entradas en bime.net